Hi! I’m Julia. I’m a Houston-area 30-something wife of almost 12 years to my incredible husband, and mommy to our two miracle little boys who were born in July 2012 and September 2014, as well as one angel baby I miscarried in 2008. I’m a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) and work-at-home-mom (WAHM) — I work in social media.
Some fun facts:
- Even after 12+ years of marriage, I’m still unimaginably head-over-heels in love with my incredible husband. He still makes me swoon.
- My mind still boggles at the thought of our two sons and what miracles they are in our lives. I love spending time with them and am so blessed to be able to stay home with him. I’m head-over-heels in love with them, too — even when they’re Mr. Cranky-Pants!
- I LOVE being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). There’s no place else I’d rather be than with my sons, day in and day out, watching them grow and learn. I understand that some need to work outside the home, but unless necessary I can’t imagine wanting to. It’s just not the way I’m wired; I’ve always known that.
- I LOVED being pregnant — I seriously felt so healthy and good!
- I LOVED natural labor, water birth, and home birth — the most intense, exhilarating, difficult thing I have ever done. My husband was an amazing birth coach, thanks to our classes with the Bradley Method of Husband-Coached Natural Childbirth.
- Yes, many of my friends think I’m odd for my positive thoughts on pregnancy and natural labor.
- I never thought we’d be into natural parenting methods, but parenting by instinct has just come naturally. I never imagined I’d enjoy cloth diapering and breastfeeding!
- I enjoy…
- DIY crafts (love Pinterest!)
- decorative planning & journaling (using stickers, washi tape, etc. to enhance my planner and journal)
- coming up with DIY ideas for decor in our home (I recently renovated the look of our bedroom and am in the process of decorating our sons’ bathroom with a “Finding Nemo” sea theme)
- musical theatre
- dabbling in photography
- playing with PicMonkey and Canva
- learning graphic & web design
- natural living
- comic book-based movies
- Joss Whedon’s Firefly & Serenity
- tea, icees, and donuts
- young adult books & children’s books
- trying new recipes
- and especially spending time with my loved ones.
Reflections of a Miracle is a place for me to reflect on the miracles of the births of our sons (I’ll call them Thing 1 and Thing 2), as well as to share how these miracles reflect in me. I am a reflection of these miracles, my sons, and they are reflections of me.
I guess you could say we lean toward being partially and unintentionally “crunchy” (natural in child-rearing — my husband hates the term “crunchy”), but I’m not judgmental about it; after all, we just came upon it naturally, parenting by instinct. I was never interested in attachment-parenting, but apparently I’m doing some of those things just because they come naturally.