Yay! I just signed up for the latest BzzAgent campaign, to try Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This household LOVES its EVOO — we use it in almost everything! So naturally I jumped at the chance to try this brand!
Good, healthy fats — you can’t go wrong! We’re so excited to try this out, and I’ll be sure to update with a review! We usually buy whatever brand is on sale in our market, so we love trying new brands.
They’ll be sending an 8.4 oz. bottle, so we should be able to use that for a while with several different recipes. We’ll see how this one fares and measures up to the others!
Here are some suggestions from BzzAgent that we’re excited to try:
- Betta with Fresh Bruschetta. Mix 2 tablespoons of Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 1 cup fresh-chopped ripe tomatoes, 1 minced garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste. Toast ½-inch thin slices of Italian bread until lightly browned. Place a leaf of fresh basil on each slice, top with a heaping teaspoon of the tomato mixture, and serve while bread is warm.
- Even the Best Salads Get the Blues. Combine ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup orange juice, zest and juice from 2 lemons, and 4 thyme sprigs in a small saucepan. Bring ingredients to a gentle boil; simmer for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Strain into a mixing bowl and whisk in 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Gently toss 1/3 cup of the dressing together with 1 cup cantaloupe and/or honeydew melon and 1 pint blueberries in a serving bowl. Serve immediately, with extra dressing if desired.
- Summer Corn? Sweet! Make sweet summer corn even better. Drizzle Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil over corn on the cob instead of butter. Also try drizzling it on other fresh seasonal vegetables to enhance their flavor.
- Made for Marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons lime juice,1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper or paprika. Use to marinate 1 lb. of chicken or seafood in a shallow glass dish for 2 to 4 hours.
- Vinaigrette? You Bet! Make your own olive oil vinaigrette by whisking together 1/3 cup of wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil until well blended.
- Spruce up Your Spuds. Start by cutting 6 to 8 cooked medium red potatoes into ½ inch chunks. In a large bowl, whisk ¼ cup pesto with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and black pepper. Add one bunch sliced scallions. Add potatoes to the bowl and toss with 1 additional tablespoon of olive oil.